Re: [MacPerl] Which Book ?....

>On Fri, 19 Jul 1996, Terence Joseph Mallon wrote:
>>
>> Can someone please help me.
>>
>> I am looking for a book to purchase on learning the Perl language but have
>> not been able to find any locally. Which book would you recommend, why, and
>> where can I purchase it via mail order and if at all possible how much.....
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not many people mentionned it but the book called "Teach Yourself Perl in
21 Days" is a really good book for the beginner and it can act as a great
reference for an experienced user too. The book is not Mac-oriented but it
doesn't suppose your a UNIX hacker like some other books do. It is a lot
more user-friendly than both "Learning Perl" and "Programming Perl". Well
at least this is my opinion. It has been written by David Till and it's
published by Sams Publishing. It'll cost you about $30 US. For 840 pages,
it's a great bargain. The only drawback is that it doesn't cover much of
the new Perl 5. But I don't think those who do are legion.

Jean-Philippe Cote