[MacPerl] flock function

I'd like to know if the flock function has been implemented in MacPerl 5
and, if yes is the answer, where I could find decent information on how it
works. I looked at the Perl Manpages and in the MacPerl documentation but
it seemed really cryptic to me especially as for what "operation" it can
perform.

If this function hasn't been implemented in MacPerl, I'd like to know how I
can protect a file from being accessed from more than one script at the
time.

Thanks !

Jean-Philippe Cote

Secretariat des Chaires UNESCO en communication - Reseau ORBICOM

Jean-Philippe Cote                                     Webmaster

Universite du Quebec a Montreal           Tel.  : (514) 987-8743
800 boul. de Maisonneuve est              Fax.  : (514) 987-0249
Bureau 7915
Montreal (Quebec)                             orbicom@er.uqam.ca
CANADA H2L 4L8                        http://www.orbicom.uqam.ca