Re: [MacPerl] OSA Component / Reply-To

Regarding the OSA component, clearly something must be broken. I'm going to
test on a few "neutral" test machines tomorrow, but just so I know what
to look for: Has anybody *succeeded* in running the OSA component?

Regarding who the Reply-To: goes to: You're welcome to send mail to me
(except you'd better use neeri@iis not eeri@iis :-) if you think it should
go to the list by default.

My reasons for setting default Reply-To: to poster are (I only hinted at
them in my reply to Azzy, so here's a little more detail):

 - Those who give most of the good replies on the list have pretty good
   judgement when a reply belongs to the list and when the question is so
   exotic that it probably only interests the poster.
 - For those who post only infrequently, reply-to-poster is the safer
   option.
 - What I'm afraid of is not really *garbage* being posted but *fluff*. Many
   mailing list readers are quite sensitive to how much traffic they can
   stand before it becomes disruptive to their work. I can see a quite
   regular pattern that everytime five messages get posted in one day,
   there is a small peak of unsubscription messages.

Matthias

-----
  "They were gasbag creatures. Their netmail was mostly jabberwocky even
   after Relay's best interpretation." -- Vernor Vinge, _A Fire Upon the Deep_