[MacPerl] MacPerl to Unix

ok perlsters, this is the deal!

i need some pointers that will hopefully make the transfer of my scripts
from macperl to unix a little easier.

i've written some cgi's on my mac for processing form ordering data, pretty
simple stuff really -  order file creation, html page returns and an email
to my address, but all these scripts will have to be converted for use on a
unix server when i eventually get my web site set up.  as well as these
cgi's i have a lot of other perl scripts which are required to return
various html pages.  these pages are originally produced out of a database
and i have written a perl script to remove the database field separators
(as the application itself doesn't allow me to leave them out of the files)
and save them in macperl format.

what i need to know is how the file formats vary from mac to unix (apart
from the differences stated in 'macperl specifics')?  ie. are there any
differences other than the lf/cr situation (and what exactly are the
linefeed differances)?  can i use the afore mentioned script to also remove
any carriage returns etc and replace them with the relevant characters or
should i applescript them into bbedit save in unix format.

i know there are some of you who also write on mac for use on unix and so
any of your knowledge will be greatlfully appreciated.

cheers

matt.

ps i have no previous unix experience and do not have access to one until i
purchase my web space.