Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl to Unix

We've been discussing this very issue in another thread on this mailing list....

Unix filenames are of the form:

/dir/dir/dir/filename.extension

Mac filenames are like:

Volume:dir:dir:filename.extension

Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a perl-standard way to handle both
native pathname formats seemlessly.  Right now you'll have to hack the changes
in yourself (perl folk -- do we know of anyone who's got even a shell of a
standard file package that we could recommend?)

Line endings on the mac are CR, ascii code 13 decimal, 015 octal, etc.
Line endings on UNIX are LF, ascii code 10 decimal, 012 octal, etc.
Line endings on MSDOS are both, but you don't need to worry about that.
Be aware that \n on MacOS means CR and \n on UNIX means LF.  Be safe and specify
the character values numerically.

Message cc'ed to MacPerl list in case I'm forgetting anything and so people
don't need to duplicate the content of what I've just said.
  --Scott