[MacPerl] Programming Perl (2nd ed)

A friend of mine, who gets press releases from O'Reilly and Assoc, has
received notice of the second edition of Larry Wall's "Programming Perl":

>Co-authored by Larry Wall, the creator of Perl, "Programming Perl" is
>the authoritative guide to Perl version 5.  O'Reilly expects
>"Programming Perl, second edition," to grow into an approximately
>800-page Nutshell Handbook by the time it's completed in October.

I don't know about you folks, but in my opinion, an 800-pager is not a
handbook, it is a weighty TOME.  It may look nice on a shelf but it's not a
good desk reference.

My copy of PP ed. 1 is well used and well thumbed.  I cringe at the thought
of thumping around something with similar value but twice the page count.
I'd much rather see this broken into 2 volumes, possibly packaged as a set.

If you agree, please send mail to Sara Winge (sara@ora.com).  Enough
commentary may sway their decision.

Vicki

Vicki Brown     vlb@cfcl.com   http://www.cfcl.com/cfcl/vlb
 P.O. Box 1269  San Bruno  CA  94066
 Ooit'n Normaal Mens Ontmoet?  En... Beviel't?
 (Ever met a normal person?  So... did you like it?)