Re: [MacPerl] CGI problems

gauden@jaguar.is.unimt.mt (gauden) writes:
>I am putting together a site which is entirely dependent on MacPerl scripts
>saved as CGI applications. I would like to stop them from quitting after
>the "five minutes of inactivity".

Probably you meant to say tht you want them to quit *immediately*, rather than
after 5 minutes.

>Is there a way to do this?

Yes. Include the line

print STDERR "iQUIT!\n";

in your program, where the initial 'i' is in fact a reversed (Spanish)
exclamtion mark. With the latest glue, this will terminate the CGI after
the request hjas completed.

>worked perfectly before. Example: one of the programs puts up a random
>quote on every reload of a page. It works, but unpredictably on an
>arbitrary reload, the program freezes and I can't even quit the CGI
>manually. I have to quit MacPerl and then quit the CGI. Sometimes the only
>way I can get the CGI to quit is by restarting.

This is almost certainly some 5.0.7 bug, which might be fixed in 5.1.0.

Matthias

-----
   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground