Re: [MacPerl] "the pod"

At 10:10 AM -0700 on 11/4/96, Michael T Hammond wrote:

}Hi.
}
}I don't know if this is a question for Matthias or for somebody out there
}in the world.
}
}I'm running macperl on my little old clunky but much beloved powerbook
}140. (I'm also running it on my less beloved office quadra 840.) I do not
}have a lot of memory on my laptop and it is not networked. However, I
}would really like to be able to read the html things in the "pod" when I'm
}working on the powerbook. What is the cheapest (= free and minimal memory)
}way to do this?

1) Matthias' own Shuck (in the 5.10r2 distribution).  This is a very nice
way to view pods, and takes little memory.

2) See if you can find a copy of MacWeb at info-mac.  It'll work just fine
for Perl docs.  As I recall, MacWeb wanted about 1Mb.  You'll need to run
whatever .pod and .pm files you want to view through pod2html (which if it
isn't in the MacPerl distribution, is available at any CPAN site).

}
}I've tried using something called "HTML Viewer", but it has not worked
}properly.
}
}(I actually asked virtually the same question about a year ago...I'm
}hoping something has changed since then that will let me do this.)
}
}Mike H.

--------
Paul J. Schinder