Re: [MacPerl] "the pod"

At 14:28 11/4/96, Paul J. Schinder wrote:
>At 10:10 AM -0700 on 11/4/96, Michael T Hammond wrote:
>}have a lot of memory on my laptop and it is not networked. However, I
>}would really like to be able to read the html things in the "pod" when I'm
>}working on the powerbook. What is the cheapest (= free and minimal memory)
>}way to do this?
>
>1) Matthias' own Shuck (in the 5.10r2 distribution).  This is a very nice
>way to view pods, and takes little memory.
>
>2) See if you can find a copy of MacWeb at info-mac.  It'll work just fine
>for Perl docs.  As I recall, MacWeb wanted about 1Mb.  You'll need to run
>whatever .pod and .pm files you want to view through pod2html (which if it
>isn't in the MacPerl distribution, is available at any CPAN site).

Or, if you have a Newton, you can use the perlpkg-5.003 Newton books in
CPAN under CNANDOR and at my home page.  Of course, those don't include
MacPerl-specific Newton books ... but maybe they should ... hmmmmm ...

perl -e 'srand();if(rand>.5){$i=0;foreach(@ARGV){@$i=split(//);$z
[$i]=0;foreach(@$i){$s[$i][$z[$i]]=$_;$z[$i]++;}$i++;}foreach(@s)
{foreach(@$_) {print}print" ";$_++}}else{print(join(" ", @ARGV))}
print"\n"' McClellan Clan Motto: Think On

Chris Nandor                                       pudge@pcix.com
PGP Key 0xB76E72AD                    http://pudge.petersons.com/