[MacPerl] loving/hating MacPerl

1. I had such trouble with the latest version of Perl5 that i finally
deleted it off my harddrive and went way back and reinstalled 418. I kept
getting system crashes, I was repeatedly rebuilding my desktop and doing
disk repairs with Norton.

2. That being said, I love MacPerl and it has become essential for my
academic research. I discovered again yesterday why it's so useful to me
when I was trying out a 'grep' program in Applescript. (Ugh!)

3. suggestions for the next version of MacPerl (some of which I gather
Matthias has already taken care of):

a. get the interrupt key back

b. add a file letting us know which files in the distribution are not
essential and can be deleted. (I suppose I'm revealing too much naivete
here, but I have yet to figure out what all the "t" directories are for.)

c. I have this sneaking suspicion that some of the problems I was
experiencing were due to 'internet config' and 'shuck'. Can those be
ditched?

d. I'm gathering there is some sort of size limit on the 'MacPerl' window.
Is that necessary?

mike h.