Re: [MacPerl] 5.1.0r2 continual 68k woes

At 6:38 PM -0800 on 11/20/96, Wailer wrote:

}I've downloaded and reinstalled 5.1.0r2 and my stability has been utterly
}lost.  While the addition of 5.1.0r2_big has removed the trap reboot problem
}I'd previously experienced, now I crash with Errors 1, 2, 15, 25, etc.
}
}use strict; == ok
}use diagnostic; == type 1 crash.
}use FileHandle; == type 3 crash.
}
}Some of my very simple scripts run acceptably.  Anything interesting crashes
}and burns.  Must I install the 'tool' in addition to the normal package and
}the big binary?  Does picking install for this mac screw up in some weird
}way?

Not on my 68k Mac.  You install the app release "for this Mac", and then
you discard MacPerl and replace it with BigMacPerl.  BigMacPerl 5.10r2 has
been very stable for me, and in about 30 seconds cron is going to do the
daily launch of my libwww-perl-5 mirroring script, which does thing
sufficiently interesting for me, and which which will run, as usual, with
no trouble.

Is any other software giving you problems?  When was the last time you ran
Disk First Aid or equivalent, when was the last time you rebuilt the
desktop, what does TechTool (available in the Info-Mac archive nearest you)
say, and have you tried incresing the memory allocation for MacPerl (mine's
at 6 Mb now)?

}
}This is just heinous.
}