[MacPerl] Can't 'Quit Now!'

Hello,

I have a port of Matt Wright's FormMail script for the Macintosh that
utilizes the built-in Perl socket routines, and it appears to be having
some problems.  The biggest problem is that the Apple Events Relay
Message (that little message that comes up when running a MacPerl CGI
script within WebSTAR) can not be closed.  Clicking on the quit now
button does nothing and trying to force quit it causes the machine to
crash and burn.

I have noticed this effect on a PPC machine, but I am not sure if it is
exclusive to these...

Any thoughts on why this may be happening and how to repair it?
--
Sincerely,
Anthony Eden