[MacPerl] Network Scripting Question

I need your help to solve an unusual problem.

We have a network of about 40 Macs. One of these Macs is a shared server
which has a communications board controlled by an (Apple) scriptable
application. This application runs continuously.

There are many workstations which use this server to transmit information.

I would like to control the server application from any workstation.

I have set up MacPerl on the server, with a droplet script. I mount the
server on a workstation and drop a file on the droplet. I would like the
server to run the script, using information contained in the file I
dropped.

Instead, the workstation loads MacPerl, attempts to run the script, then
fails attempting to control the server application.

Does anyone know how to control the actions of one Mac from another? Is
there something I can do to make my approach work? Is there a different
approach that makes more sense?

Thanks in advance for your help.

William B. Birkett
Precision Color, Inc.