[MacPerl] A droplet unexpectedly quits

I have a very annoying problem with droplets...they crash
with a dialog box saying:

    The application "unknown" has unexpectedly quit
    because an error of type 1 occurred.

The droplet was very simple and contained one line:

    print "Gooday!";

I am running Macperl 5.0.7r1m on a Macintosh LC575 with
System 7.1 and 20MB memory. I did a "Get Info" on Macperl
and increased its memory usage to 6000 and 8000 with
similar failures. I tried the droplet with MacPerl running
as well as not running.  Also, I checked the memory allocation
to the droplet and changed 64 to larger values.

What should I do next to diagnose this problem?

Charles

Charles Cave                         Sydney, Australia
Email:                         charles@jolt.mpx.com.au