[MacPerl] Pointers: sending mail from MacPerl

Can somebody give me pointers to basic information on sending mail from
within Perl.  I just want to send a brief string as the content of a
message when my program runs.  I downloaded Mail Tools 1.06 and it's damned
complicated for a beginner to understand, and seems to have a lot more than
I need!.  Perhaps someone could give me some pointers to a tutorial or
explain the basics.  Thanks.

** Russell Aminzade - Computing As If People Matter - 802-351-4357
aminzade@sover.net**