[MacPerl] size of resource fork

I'm writing a script (to run under MacPerl) to keep track of storage (Mac
files) on a Novell server. I found out that the -s file operator does not
report the size of the resource fork. I searched the archive of the MacPerl
mailing list and found a message with the following reference:

>>If you can use the new PowerTools extensions...GetResourceSizeOnDisk()
>>supposedly returns the exact size of the resource as it exists on the disk

I've looked all over for the "PowerTools extensions" and I can't find them.
Does anyone have any information on them, or a suggestion for an alternative
solution.

Thanks
Gary Benson