[MacPerl] MacPerl TimeOut?

Hello:

This is my first question in this list! (There is always a first time)

I've a some AppleScript code I need to execute from MacPerl. This
AppleScript code copies files from one directory to another, executes some
other programs for file conversion, etc, etc.

After the AppleScript process is concluded, MacPerl should continue
processing its statements.

The problem is that if the AppleScript takes too much time to execute,
because there are too many files to copy or too many files to process,
after some time (like a TimeOut), MacPerl continues working and the
AppleScript seems to be suspended until MacPerl finishes running.

I need MacPerl to wait until AppleScript finishes.

If the AppleScript is small, it works great. But if the AppleScript is big,
Im having this problem.

Thanks,

Regards,

Giuseppe Farese