Re: [MacPerl] download - is there a faster site??

At 1:27 PM -0400 on 1/10/97, Brian segal wrote:

}I am TRYING to find a site from where I can download MacPerl 5.11r2.
}Unfortunately the only one I know of - mors.gsfc.nasa.gov - is like frozen
}molasses.

Hey, mors is faster than Apple's sites at least!  Ever tried to download
something form ftp.info.apple.com?  (Not to mention the AppleClub fiasco
currently in progress.)

There are two reasons that mors can be slow.  1) It's currently doing its
real job, crunching numbers.  (Crunching data from the E4 occultation of
Galileo by Jupiter to determine the structure of Jupiter's ionosphere, to
be exact).  2) What we call the "amazing NASA network".  Our network
connection to the outside world, a T3, frequently slows down during the
afternoons.  Best to wait for local after hours, roughly 0000 - 1200 UT.

<ftp://err.ethz.ch/pub/neeri/MacPerl> is MacPerl's home site, and at some
point MacPerl 511r2 will propagate to all CPAN mirrors.  There's a list on
my MacPerl page, <http://mors.gsfc.nasa.gov/MacPerl.html>.

}
}Anyone know of a faster site??  I seem to have an incorrect url for
}mathias' home p[age, so couldn't check there either.
}
}Thanks in advance!
}
}Brian
}
}**************************************************************
}* Brian G Segal - astro@juliet.stfx.ca - redgull@atcon.com   *
}* R.R. #5  Antigonish, Nova Scotia                           *
}* Canada B2G 2L3                                             *
}* Phone/Fax 902-783-2772                                     *
}* Home page: http://business.atcon.com/redgull               *

--------
Paul J. Schinder
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center