Re: [MacPerl] Speech

pudge@pobox.com (Chris Nandor)
>I've long wanted a Speak Text ... extension for BBEdit.  There's probably
>one out there, but I've never looked (heck, there might even be one on the
>CD).  Anyway, I saw the new Speech.pm, so I tried it out.
>
>Here's my question now: once you get the speech going, how do you stop it
>short of quitting MacPerl?  Anyone got any ideas?

StopSpeech $chan

will immediately abridge the first amendment rights of the speech channel.
I don't remember whether there is a way to stop SpeakString, but I don't think
so.

BTW, those of you interested in truly adventurous technologies will be pleased
to hear that the first draft of an interface to the Speech *Recognition*
Manager is now on

ftp://err.ethz.ch/pub/neeri/MacPerl/

Matthias

-----
   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground