[MacPerl] Stupid newbie question

Can anyone suggest some good references for someone interested in beginning
to learn CGI/PERL?

Also, I have a book, "Teach yourself UNIX" by Reichard and Johnson, MIS
Press and I want to know more about, well I guess you call it hacking. Can
anyone point me toward some references to get started?

In the last issue of Wired magazine was a mention of the "Happy Hacker"
e-zine created by  a Ms.Meinel. I haven't been able to find it. Does anyone
know of this?

End of nauseating stupid newbie questions.

TIA,

Michael Robinson
Medford, Oregon USA
miker@mind.net