To: sweaver@bluenova.com (Scott Weaver)
Subject: Re: [MacPerl] Runtime Apps with 5.1.1
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 02:59:08 +0100
From: Matthias Ulrich Neeracher <neeri>

In message <v01550101aeff42b0243d@[199.3.36.120]> you write:
>I started a recent thread about runtime apps not working in Perl 5,
>and found that this was a known problem that should be fixed in 5.1.1.
>I finally had a chance this weekend to get 5.1.1 installed but I do
>not see any change in the way runtime apps work - they are still
>broken as far as I can tell.

You're right. I did make some repairs, but apparently it's still
not fixed (Don't ask me why I didn't do your test myself before
claiming it was fixed :-).

I fixed a show stopping bug in Socket.pm and the long standing bug with
Apple Menu Options, so I'll probably release 5.1.2 in January. One other
bug, which probably is connected to Macintosh Easy Open, is still not
tracked down. I promise a big Toblerone chocolate to whoever gives me the
key insight that allows me to reproduce this bug.

Matthias

- -----
  "People do not consume chocolate to simulate the chemical effects of
   falling in love; they fall in love to simulate the chemical effects
   of chocolate consumption."     -- Bill Welch <bill@moonmoth.demon.co.uk>

------- End of Forwarded Message