Re: [MacPerl] CPAN

At 22:06 1/14/97, Paul J. Schinder wrote:
>}There are two issues:
>}1.)  The files need to be properly integrated into CPAN, which means, at
>}this point, they should be .tar.gz files.
>
>"Properly integrated into CPAN" means what?

Well, a module is uploaded into CPAN as one file.  Andreas' software then
unpacks it, extracts the README file and renames it to match the the
archive, and then goes through the module itself to find out what to do
with it.  If it can't do this, then the module will only stay in the
author's directory and not get placed into the module directories.

At least, that is hw I understand it ...

I will not aim for the head.

        --Bart Simpson

Chris Nandor                                              pudge@pobox.com
PGP Key 0xB76E72AD                                      http://pudge.net/