Re: [MacPerl] A Thanks to Paul J. Schinder (fwd)

According to Matt Childress:

> At 10:33 AM -0600 2/14/97, Mark Manning/Metrica wrote:
> >I just wanted to say thanks to Paul for his help.  Pointing
> >me to the libnet package was a truly wonderful thing.  It
> >has helped me tremendously.  Thanks again Paul!  :-)
>
> Ok, I'll byte (:-))  What's libnet, why's it so great, and where can I get int?

I keep loosing the http address.  Paul, can you supply it
again for everyone?  Thanks.

LibNet is a set of routines which were originally written
by Graham Barr <Graham.Barr@tiuk.ti.com>.  Some of the
documentation was updated by Nathan Torkington
<gnat@frii.com>.  Paul Schnider took the routines and made
them work for MacPerl.  They comprise such things as
FTP.pm, SMTP.pm, NNTP.pm, POP3.pm, and others.  With them,
getting such things as a graphic image off of another
system, or putting a new web page up on an ISP, or just
getting your mail so you can process it is real easy.  :-)
It took something that I had been working on for weeks and
allowed me to finish it (even with the major rewrite I had
to do) in one day.  :-)

One thing to Paul - if he sees and reads this: Why isn't
your name/address in the files?  It's in the documentation
but should be in the program's documentation too (IMHO).
:-)