[MacPerl] printing from 5.*

Hello All,

Over the last year, I have developed a MacPerl script that queries a
databbase,generate some reports, etc.  Just what Perl was originally
invented for.  :-)

I am still using MacPerl 4.*.  In order to print my HP DeskWriter 600, I
have to call an applescript event from inside of my MacPerl script.

With using 5.*, is it now possible to directly send output to a non-laser
printer?

Thanks,

  Steve

    Steven Scholnick         |  I Don't Believe in Destiny
 steves@telerama.lm.com      |  I Don't Believe in the Stars or the Planets
   smsst8+@pitt.edu          |  Or Angels Watching From Above.
 http://www.lm.com/~steves   |                        -N. Peart