[MacPerl] running a macperl script from another machine (fwd)

According to William Neuhauser:

> I'd like to be able to launch a macperl script running on
one mac from another computer (ideally a Sun Solaris box).

> Has anyone heard of a way to launch a mac program from a
Sun Solaris box?

> Would the the MacOS 'program linking' facility be the way
to do this (with extra software on the Sun box) or do I
need to get into sockets or some other net-level
programming myself?  Is macperl program-linkable?  Is there
anything special I have to do in the script?  Are there
pointers to how to do it?

This can be done by using the FTPd program found on the net
(if I remember correctly).  Once installed, the FTPd
program would allow you to ftp to the mac and execute a
program.  Great way to hang up your mac though!  Also, it
leaves your mac open for anyone to do anything to the
system.  Don't remember if there is a password entry or
not.  :-/