[MacPerl] NNTP and SMTP

Could someone please point me to some resources about using MacPERL to
interface with SMTP and NNTP servers using sockets? Is the socket usage
similar to PERL for UNIX? I've done some simple socket programming with
UNIX and PERL but not for MacPERL. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you =).

- Chris

ps. I realize I asked more than one question in there seeing as there is a
difference between basic socket programming and NNTP interfacing. But
any help anywhere would be great. Thanks.

  Christopher Scheidel				   crscheid@planet.syr.edu
   Computer Science/Engineering	   	  http://planet.syr.edu/~crscheid
			WEBMASTER: http://cms.syr.edu