[MacPerl] How to get the IP address ? (fwd)

According to Lemarchand:
> Hi !
>
> I hope you understand what I would like to do ! Now unfortunately I am a
> full newbie on programming on Macintosh and really would like to have
> informations from the expert community to know if it's possible in
> macperl or applescript and, if yes, to have the solution.
>
> If someone can bring me a complete solution I will offer him a 6 Mb web
> space on my future web server (T1)
Hello!  :-)

Yes, I understand.  This is what I've done.  I can not send
you the complete answer because I'm at work and not at
home.  But I will forward your request to my e-mail address
at home and send you the "How-To" stuff.  :-)

There are some problems though which you should be aware of
in doing this.  Most providers do not care if you are
logged on for long periods of time but they tend to hang up
on you if you do not do anything after 20 minutes or so.
You can get around this by setting up another program which
pops up and looks at a random http address, sends some
e-mail, or reads the usenet groups randomly - but
eventually you will get kicked off.  At this point, when
the modem hangs up, your system will freeze due to the web
server still trying to access the port it originally was
connected to.  This - you can't get around too easily.  At
least, I have not yet found a way to catch this event all
of the time.

Now, before anyone jumps up and starts yelling about ISP
abuse - I have a commercial account with my ISP and I have
already asked about doing this with them and they have told
me to go for it and that if there isn't any kind of
activity for the 20 minutes they will disconnect me.
Otherwise, they don't care.  My main client is in Corpus
Christi (about 400 miles away) and they have no problem
using the system.  Further, once the preliminary testing is
finished, we are getting our own domain name and are also
going with a dedicated line.  The interim web server stuff
is simply to help us test out our server cheaply as well as
to get our foot in the door of doing web servicing.  This
does (of course) have nothing to do with my work here at
NASA.  Which is an altogether different beast.