[MacPerl] 2 simple queries

Hi, here are 2 simple queries:

1.  How can I move items to the trash and delete them?
I have tried using the following and it doesn't work:

Mac::Files::FSpCatMove("file", "HardDisk:Desktop Folder:Trash");

it will move the file anywhere else but just won't trash it.

2. I am happy using MacPerl::Answer etc but how can I display a status
window while my script is running that just says "The files are being
processed, please wait" and then can be replaced by a MacPerl::Answer
window saying "Finished" when the script is finished.  I do not want to use
the MacPerl window but rather a Mac style box.

Any help would be much appreciated,
thanks
Charlie