Re: [MacPerl] startup disk

On Thu, Apr 10, 1997 7:45 PM, Matthias Ulrich Neeracher
<mailto:neeri@iis.ee.ethz.ch> wrote:
>Ken Cartner writes:
>> I'm trying to set a variable to a folder inside the Preferences folder
of
>> the system folder. As long as I use the hard drive's name in the path,
>> everything works fine.
>
>I'm sorry; my earlier article was misguided and David and Chris are right:
You
>should use FindFolder, not MacPerl::Volumes. However, if at all possible
>(PowerPC or BigMacPerl) you should use Mac::Files instead of
FindFolder.pl:

Why?

later,

---Dave---

David C. Schooley              | "I love it when they let their hair
Ph.D. in progress              |  down, and dance real close to you.
Georgia Tech Electric Power    |  You know I'm a sucker baby, for
email: schooley@ece.gatech.edu |  what the cowgirls do." - Vince Gill
http://www.ee.gatech.edu/users/schooley/