Re: [MacPerl] MacHTTP CGI question revisited

At 1.22 97/5/1, Tom Kennedy wrote:
>CGI.pm defines the following methods for query objects. Notice that
>some of them are null. This means, I think, that the browser didn't supply
>the appropriate value.

Yes, that's another good way to get at the same info.  However, the reason
the info is not supplied in some of the variables is not because the
browser does not supply them, but because the glue does not supply them, I
think.  I know for a fact that Mozilla/3.01 supplies some variables that do
not get populated into %ENV (HTTP_ACCEPT is one).

I think this goes back to a previous question about what happens when you
open the CGI Script extension as an AppleScript Dictionary.  The parameters
there are the available environment vairables to your script (I think).

And that brings up another point: REMOTE_ADDR is wrong.  It should never be
an alphanumeric name, it should always be a dotted IP number.