Re: [MacPerl] AppleEvents from MacPerl?

At 1:57 PM -0500 4/30/97, Chris Nandor wrote:
>You can use my Anarchie.pm module (almost out of beta, delayed ny my time
>constraints).

Well, I extracted it from your email,and I'm just having just a little bit
of a problem. I stuck Anarchie.pm in my lib folder, and this is the script
I have so far:

#!perl
use Mac::Anarchie;
$ftp = new Anarchie;
open (DLFILE,"The Heart of Gold:Desktop Folder:dl");
foreach $file (<DLFILE>) {
	print $file;
}

I figured out that I need an Apps folder inside lib to use it the way you
have it in the docs. (I've tried that, and still get the same results).
When I try to run this script from MacPerl, Macsbug kicks in, and I get
something about an error with the dynamic loader. Seeing that, I installed
the "big" version of MacPerl, recalling that had something to do with that.
Still crashes, different reason. I'm using the latest version of MacPerl
(downloaded yesterday), but had the same problems with a 5.0 version. Any
Ideas?

Dan Bongert                   | Hire the Morally Handicapped--It's More Fun!
dbongert@students.wisc.edu    | National Institute for the Morally Handicapped
herkimer@yar.cs.wisc.edu      | http://yar.cs.wisc.edu/~herkimer