Re: [MacPerl] Problems with seek()? (fwd)

According to Paul J. Schinder:
> This works just fine for me.  Fails for a 19 byte file, works for a 20.
>
> MacPerl handle's seek correctly (at least 5.14a1 on a PPC machine).  If I
> had to guess, I'd guess you're opening some other "testfile" than the one
> you think you are.  Try giving the full path to the file that you want to
> test and see what happens.

I hate to do just a "me too" message.  But me too.  ;-)

On the filename - I have often noticed that Perl defaults
to it's own directory in referencing files.  If you do not
(as Paul said) give the entire pathname, Perl will look in
it's own directory for the file.  So try looking in the
MacPerl directory for a blank "testfile".  :-)