[MacPerl] it works on _my_ machine . . .

This may be a silly general Mac question.  I usually work on Unix, but I
just wrote my first MacPerl script for a customer.  I confess I haven't
delved into Mac internals much at all.  I wasn't expecting to do any
commercial Mac work, and they want it _yesterday_, of course.

The script takes  mailfiles and puts them in a tab-delimited format to
be imported into a database.  I saved it as a droplet, and it works fine
on my PowerMac 7200/90.  But when I put everything on the customer's
6100, the droplet doesn't highlight when a text file is dropped on it.
Perl itself comes up OK.  I tried resaving the droplet and resaving the
text files with various editors.  I'm running System 7.5.3 and they're
running 7.6, if it makes a difference.

Does MacPerl have to be installed with the installer?  I was afraid to
break up the 2.3Mb installer file across two floppies, so I used
CompactPro to archive a cleanly installed, unpacked Perl folder.

What am I missing?