Re: [MacPerl] it works on _my_ machine . . .

>This may be a silly general Mac question.  I usually work on Unix, but I
>just wrote my first MacPerl script for a customer.  I confess I haven't
>delved into Mac internals much at all.  I wasn't expecting to do any
>commercial Mac work, and they want it _yesterday_, of course.
>
>The script takes  mailfiles and puts them in a tab-delimited format to
>be imported into a database.  I saved it as a droplet, and it works fine
>on my PowerMac 7200/90.  But when I put everything on the customer's
>6100, the droplet doesn't highlight when a text file is dropped on it.
>Perl itself comes up OK.  I tried resaving the droplet and resaving the
>text files with various editors.  I'm running System 7.5.3 and they're
>running 7.6, if it makes a difference.
>
>Does MacPerl have to be installed with the installer?  I was afraid to
>break up the 2.3Mb installer file across two floppies, so I used
>CompactPro to archive a cleanly installed, unpacked Perl folder.
>
>What am I missing?

If the applet won't highlight when you drag a text file over it, it may be
a sign that you need to rebuild the desktop. Or have a look at both files
with something like FileTyper, and see if there's any difference in their
finder flags (BNDL,INITed, etc.)

Thanks,
Shay

--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer        Instant gratification