[MacPerl] client/server MacPerl 'PUT foo.pl HTTP/1.1'

Hi,

I was just thinking about the sample programs client.pl and server.pl
in the 'progtramming perl' pps. 342-345).

I found them very interesting when I first looked at them and they
are the principle reason why I started using perl.  (One might
ask why I'm still using perl? That's for another day...)

Now on MacPerl, I can't do a 'fork to avoid deadlock.'  How would I
build and run this example pair on a Macintosh??

I want to build a http/1.1 'PUT' module to upload my web pages &
scripts.  I've used Net$cape Gold, but it's a little to weird.
I prefer BBEdit & fetch, but they only *do* FTP, not HTTP which
the W/NT crowd likes to support.

Any other suggestions on how to better upload pages and scripts?

Thanks in advance,

Bill Scheding