Re: [MacPerl] client/server MacPerl 'PUT foo.pl HTTP/1.1'

wls@oculus.jsei.ucla.edu writes:
}Hi,
}
}I was just thinking about the sample programs client.pl and server.pl
}in the 'progtramming perl' pps. 342-345).
}
}I found them very interesting when I first looked at them and they
}are the principle reason why I started using perl.  (One might
}ask why I'm still using perl? That's for another day...)
}
}Now on MacPerl, I can't do a 'fork to avoid deadlock.'  How would I
}build and run this example pair on a Macintosh??

I don't think you do, since it's difficult to get two copies of the same
program running on a Mac.

}
}I want to build a http/1.1 'PUT' module to upload my web pages &
}scripts.  I've used Net$cape Gold, but it's a little to weird.
}I prefer BBEdit & fetch, but they only *do* FTP, not HTTP which
}the W/NT crowd likes to support.

Let's see, they're running NT, which means they're not concerned about
security at all, and they won't let you use FTP?  Bizzare.

If all you want is http PUT, libwww-perl-5 supports it.  I've never used
it, but there's no reason it shouldn't work, unless the server doesn't
support it.

}
}Any other suggestions on how to better upload pages and scripts?
}
}Thanks in advance,
}
}Bill Scheding