Re: [MacPerl] client/server MacPerl 'PUT foo.pl HTTP/1.1'

wls@oculus.jsei.ucla.edu writes:>}

>I was just thinking about the sample programs client.pl and server.pl
>in the 'progtramming perl' pps. 342-345).
>
>I found them very interesting when I first looked at them and they
>are the principle reason why I started using perl.  (One might
>ask why I'm still using perl? That's for another day...)
>
>Now on MacPerl, I can't do a 'fork to avoid deadlock.'  How would I
>build and run this example pair on a Macintosh??
>
>I don't think you do, since it's difficult to get two copies of the same
>program running on a Mac.

It's interesting to contemplate arranging to run one side under MPW and the
other under the MacPerl application.  [Obviously, fork isn't the mechanism
to set that up, at least not without some munging I don't want to do.]  So
far, I've only contemplated.

I see that Paul and Chris have already provided more useful answers.

   --John

--
John Baxter (Born before ENIAC, but not by much.)
   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA