[MacPerl] epoch

I ask this here in the mac-perl list not because it is specific to MacPerl,
but because it has specific relevance to MacPerl programmers.

In Rhapsody, the Blue Box (MacOS) will run MacPerl, and the Yellow Box will
run UNIX Perl.

Q: Will the Blue Box and Yellow Box have different epochs, as they do now
(MacOS/OpenStep)?  Does anyone know?  I am assuming the answer is Yes; I
think that is to intergal in each box to change.  I was just thinking that
it will be a bit strange that you could have the same code running on your
one machine in two different "boxes" that will treat time as totally
different numbers.

But the reason I wonder is this from John Norstad's WWDC report
(http://charlotte.acns.nwu.edu/jln/wwdc97.html):

"While the blue and yellow halves of Rhapsody are mostly separate, they do
share some significant resources:

        [...]
        The system clock."

I see no reason why they cannot share a clock yet treat the epoch
differently, but I am not sure how it all fits together, and whether indeed
the epochs WILL be different.

Pondering,

--
Chris Nandor                 pudge@pobox.com                 http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'08 24 09 0B CE 73 CA 10  1F F7 7F 13 81 80 B6 B6'])