Re: [MacPerl] Usenet: comp.lang.perl.mac

At 19.46 97/6/12, Peter Prymmer wrote:
>>I think that the gateway idea would just bring in hoards of RTFF (Read
>>The F^&@#$*$ FAQ) questions -- you know like "where do I find MacPerl".
>>If you take the time to look at comp.lang.perl.misc about 30 - 50% of
>>the questions are RTFF or RTFM (M=manual).
>
>"where do I find MacPerl" is a perfectly fine newsgroup question IMHO.

I don't.  Well, it's not like I get mad about it, but a simple search of
Yahoo will unveil the Perl homepage, where you will find the Perl FAQ and
docs and sources and ports.  It's just so easy to find it without asking a
newsgroup.

>but 1) not everyone has access to http

They should.  Period.

>My opinion/recommendation boils down to: take it easy on beginners
>do the right thing and try to help them.

True.  But I think helping them is by saying "find out for yourself, here's
where to go."

--
Chris Nandor                 pudge@pobox.com                 http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'08 24 09 0B CE 73 CA 10  1F F7 7F 13 81 80 B6 B6'])