Re: [MacPerl] Usenet: comp.lang.perl.mac ... ?

pudge@pobox.com (Chris Nandor) writes:
}
}But what about the idea of having a mailing-list<=>usenet gateway?  Then
}those who like the convenience of a mailing list could not complain,
}because it would still work the same way for them.  Then the main concerne
}would be the type and volume of traffic that might ensue.

There *is* one list where this would be a good idea, and I was suprised not
to see it in the list of groups in the RFD.  perl-5-porters is too high
volume for someone who's casually interested like me, but would make a fine
moderated newsgroup.  Why wasn't that included in the RFD?

As far as this list goes, again, it really isn't necessary.  The gateway
inevitably brings in noise (from people who think they have to send
unsubs to get off the newsgroup, for example). Someone who's having trouble
dealing with the volume here is using the wrong tools, and the right tools
are available for free.  The only reason to turn a successful list into a
newsgroup is volume, IMHO, and it just doesn't exist here.

}
}--
}Chris Nandor                 pudge@pobox.com                 http://pudge.net/
}%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'08 24 09 0B CE 73 CA 10  1F F7 7F 13 81 80 B6 B6'])

---
Paul J. Schinder
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Code 693, Greenbelt, MD 20771