Re: [MacPerl] Usenet: comp.lang.perl.mac (fwd)

According to Chris Nandor:
> At 19.46 97/6/12, Peter Prymmer wrote:
> >>I think that the gateway idea would just bring in hoards of RTFF (Read
> >>The F^&@#$*$ FAQ) questions -- you know like "where do I find MacPerl".
<snip>

> I don't.  Well, it's not like I get mad about it, but a simple search of
<snip>

Hmmmmmmm..... this is really getting way off topic for
MacPerl.  Even though it is producing quite a bit of
traffic.  :-)

$0.02 worth:

People tend to forget that with Newsgroups anyone has
access to it.  This means that newbies will be dropping by
every hour (sometimes) asking the same questions over and
over.  Many Newbies do not even know what FAQ means.
Also, most newbies are hypersensitive to people yelling
at them, cussing at them, etc....  They aren't usually
engineers or jaded computer programmers who have "heard it
all before."  They are kids or people who are just
beginning to explore the internet.  What a welcome we
present them.

My vote is "no" for linking this group with a newsgroup.
Mainly because I believe this group should be found by
those willing to search for it.  Not that I feel we are
"special" in a negative way.  Nor do I feel that we are
some kind of "gods" that people want to worship.  It's just
that - those who really do want to be a part of this
mailing list will come and those who only _kind-of_ or
_sort-of_ want to put an effort into finding this list
won't.  And that is as it should be.