[MacPerl] tight memory; deleting files

Hi.

I use MacPerl under very tight RAM and HD limits. (At home, I'm working on
a pbook 140 with 8megs of ram and a 80 meg HD; at the office, I have a lot
more.) I just upgraded the machine at home to 5.12r2 (I think that's the
one).

This puts me very close to the limits on my HD. What can I delete to save
space? (I use Perl a lot for searching databases, but I'm pretty naive
about lots of the sophisticated stuff, so I'm not really sure of what a
lot of the things I have are.)

Here's some things I was thinking of deleting:

There's a directory called 'ext'. What are those things and can I delete
them?

The 'lib' folder seems to have the most stuff. I assume that I can delete
anything in there and still get normal Perl5 behavior, unless I'm
explicitly calling on routines there with 'use' or 'require'. Is this
right?

What is 'lib/auto'? Can I delete that?

What is 'lib/ExtUtils'? Can I delete that?

'lib/Mac'?

I assume that I can delete 'shuck' and the entire pod and still get normal
behavior, right? (Probably foolish on my part given what I know and don't
know.)

Any help would be appreciated.

mike h.