Re: [MacPerl] tight memory; deleting files

Michael T Hammond <hammond@u.Arizona.EDU> writes:
>This puts me very close to the limits on my HD. What can I delete to save
>space?
>[...]
>Here's some things I was thinking of deleting:
>
>There's a directory called 'ext'. What are those things and can I delete
>them?

Used only for documentation purposes in the binary release. Delete.

>The 'lib' folder seems to have the most stuff. I assume that I can delete
>anything in there and still get normal Perl5 behavior, unless I'm
>explicitly calling on routines there with 'use' or 'require'. Is this
>right?

Right, with the exception of dbmopen/dbmclose.

>What is 'lib/auto'? Can I delete that?

lib/auto/Mac, on an 68K machine. But the rest contains some files which are
needed.

>What is 'lib/ExtUtils'? Can I delete that?

Yes.

>'lib/Mac'?

Yes.

>I assume that I can delete 'shuck' and the entire pod and still get normal
>behavior, right?

Yes.

Matthias

-----
   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground