Re: [MacPerl] I'm in MacWeek

At 18.47 97/6/13, Michael Schuerig wrote:
>At 16:27 Uhr +0200 13.06.1997, Chris Nandor wrote:
>
>>http://www8.zdnet.com/macweek/mw_1124/nw_script.html
>>
>>Cooool ... and they ended the article with a quote from me about Perl.  Of
>>course, they made it into all caps, as they did in a previous article,
>>which is incorrect, despite the fact that Perl is an acronym.
>
>Actually I'm looking forward to perl on Rhapsody -- nevertheless I'm *very*
>relieved AppleScript will also be included. To my mind they fulfill quite
>different needs.

I disagree.  I don't see a need for AppleScript at all, except to provide
compatability with existing scripts.  The problem is that the interface
between Perl and AppleEvents is weak.  If there were a significantly better
interface, the need for AppleScript would disappear.

--
Chris Nandor                 pudge@pobox.com                 http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'08 24 09 0B CE 73 CA 10  1F F7 7F 13 81 80 B6 B6'])