Re: [MacPerl] remote machine

pudge@pobox.com (Chris Nandor) writes:
>How would one (in MacPerl) communicate via AppleEvents with a remote machine?

If you already have received an AppleEvent from that address, it's of course
simple: Just get the keyAddressAttr ('addr') attribute and use that as
the address.

In the general case, however, you'd have to generate the Target ID record
yourself, which is probably going to be hard since the PPC toolbox does not yet
have a proper Perl interface for that kind of task. Target ID records have an
awful lot of fields, and though I would assume that most of them have very
predictable values for AppleEvents, I'm afraid I don't know them. Maybe someone
else knows more?

Once we know about the values, packing them into a target ID record should be simple.

Matthias

-----
   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground