Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl::SetFileInfo Help (fwd)

"Brian L. Matthews" <blm@halcyon.com> writes:
>Finder goofiness part deux - When the Finder first notices a new file, it
>grabs the type and creator and sets the file's Initted bit. Once a file's
>Initted bit has been set, the Finder doesn't grab the file's creator and
>type again
[...]
>The two bits of Finder goofiness are why you should always update the
>modification date of a file's containing directory whenever you create a
>new file, and why you should always clear a file's Initted bit *after*
>manipulating information about the file (like creator and type, dates, etc.)

Ah *that* certainly explains the phenomena people have experienced. The
implementation of MacPerl::SetFileInfo omitted clearing the inited flag
and so far I haven't bothered to update the modification date. This is going to
get fixed ASAP.

Matthias

-----
   "What is the search for the next great compelling application but a
    search for the human identity?"        -- Douglas Coupland, _Microserfs_