Re: [MacPerl] Re: MacPerl futures (was MacTCP vs OT)

In addition, don't forget that Apple is planning on continuing
MacOS development for several years to come, so that period
of time is likely to be considerable.

Also, there might be a wide-open market for an OpenSTEP-Perl...
to access OpenSTEP libraries from within Perl...

And finally, I recall that Galaganos (the head of Metrowerks -
no matter how badly I botched the spelling of his name) had
mentioned that he planned that the Codewarrior development
tools can be mixed and matched with GNU gcc tools under Rhapsody,
so it seems that he thinks that GNU compiler tools will be
present there...I know that NeXT had been using them under
OpenSTEP for some time in their default compilers...

-David