Re: [MacPerl] Re: MacPerl and localtime(time-offset) problem

pudge@pobox.com (Chris Nandor) writes:
>At 07.22 8/7/97, Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote:
>>What was the exact test case that failed? (You can send it off-line to me, I
>>guess).
>
>Of course, I meant b1.  Brain fry.  Anyway, the following should I think)
>but does not work under MacPerl 5.1.4b1:
>
>print localtime(time - 1);

I see. I had failed to grok the Perl type propagation system in its fullness.
It works now.

>>>And the man pages are not all there.
>>
>>This was not deliberate (I know they aren't in the Help index yet, though).
>>Which manpages are missing?
>
>Well, all of them.  New pages are missing (perlfaq[1-9], perldelta, etc.)
>and the ones that are there are old ones.

Hmm. Must investigate that.

>BTW, with MacPerl 5.1.4b1 running on MacOS 8, AppleEvents.pm seems fine.  :-)

I had prepared for this eventuality by testing this case myself.

Matthias

-----
   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground