Re: [MacPerl] OSA Extention for PERL

>In my experience, system extensions mean trouble (conflicts etc, so that
>the Mac won't boot like it should). I never had this kind of trouble
>with MacPerl. Hell, you even don't have to INSTALL it! Simply copying
>the MacPerl folder is enough!

I'm a MacPerl newbie (there I got that off my chest). Speaking of
installing, the MacPerl README that comes with the latest version says you
"install" macperl with these commands:

        rm -f config.sh
        sh Configure
        make
        make test
        make install

Something's not clicking here for me. Are these one-liners? Should they be
put in a script? Are they really necessary? MacPerl apparently runs and
will compile scripts without being "installed". I'm missing the point of
_something_.

Also it mentions a "myconfig" file that I can't find anywhere.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

(If I can get that straightened out I have another question about
installing "libnet-1.0505" using the makefile.pl.)

Steven J. Stratford, PhD
Stratford Enterprises