Re: [MacPerl] Running large cgi scripts - advice needed

Tim Endres wrote:

> You may need to save a "dummy" cgi script, and then somehow edit
> the script in that file to be the big one. I do not know where the script
> is saved, but I will bet it is in the data fork (as opposed to a resource).

OK. Do I get this right?
I edit a dummy in macperl, save it as a cgi,
then open the 100K script in bbedit,
select and copy it all,
then paste it into the dummy macperl window
and save the 'corrected' dummy

(I wonder if everyone does such a complicated ritual, and if macperl
will accept to patch the 100K it refused to open). Or maybe there's a
smarter way...?

> You would save an empty cgi script. Then, hopefully, BBEdit would
> edit the text without touching the resources, but this may not be true.

It is not. BBedit won't edit a macperl cgi file.

> You may also need to reset the Finder Type and Creator after you
> save the file.

How do you do that?